Congratulations! Dr. Furqan Kabir selected as Editor in Frontiers in Public Health-section Disaster and Emergency Medicine
Pakistan Biological Safety Association (PBSA) congratulates the endeavors of Dr. Furqan Kabir, one of our Bioprism trainers, for being selected as a Topic Editor in “Frontiers in Public Health-section Disaster and Emergency Medicine” (Impact Factor 2.483) for the research topic: “iorisk Management, Laboratory Acquired Infections and Clinical Containment”.
From the website:
Frontiers’ Research Topics are collections of peer-reviewed articles around an emerging or cutting-edge theme. As a contributing author, you will benefit from:
high visibility and the chance to be included in a downloadable ebook
rigorous, transparent and fast peer review for your article
publication throughout the year, as soon as your article is accepted
advanced impact metrics
Research in the domain of Biorisk Management will add new arsenal in the repertoire of Public health to assess Laboratory Acquired Infections and improve Public Health. The aim of the current Research Topic is to cover promising, recent, and novel research trends in the domain of Biorisk Management, Laboratory Acquired Infections, Biosafety and Biosecurity. Areas to be covered in this Research Topic may include, but are not limited to:
1. Development of biocontainment tools, equipment, materials, methods, protocols etc.
2. Biorisk Assessment, mitigation, evaluation, and communication
3. Facility Design: Design, construction, commissioning of laboratories
4. Decontamination of facilities, equipment, and materials
5. Biorepository Management: for infectious materials and pathogens
6. Biosafety, biosecurity and BRM framework in public health
7. Applied biosafety, biosecurity, infection control and clinical containment.
8. Laboratory acquired infections and Public Health
9. Incident and LAIs reporting and command system
10. PPEs development, utilities, applications, safe practices
11. Biosafety and biosecurity awareness
Help to make this collection even more successful by alerting other experts in the field who could submit their own article. Simply copy and send the following link to your colleagues:
The submission deadline for this Research Topic is 27 October 2021
Dr. Furqan Kabir has also published an article which discusses and describes methodologies to implement biological risk management in institutions. The article can be accessed here.
We congratulate Dr. Furqan Kabir for his endeavors and wish him success.